The Connemara Hostel - Connemara, Ireland
Address: Derrynasliggaun, Leenaun - Connemara, Ireland
Description: The Connemara Hostel is an ecofriednly hotel in overlooking Ireland's only fjord The Killary and surrounded by the peaks of The Twelve Bens, Maumturk and Mweelrea mountains in the centre of Connemara
We are sister hostel of Galway City's award winning Sleepzone Hostel and provides accommodation in private rooms and dormitory rooms (over 100 beds in 21 rooms) - all ensuite
We provide free WiFi & internet access, bureau de change, tourist information as well as a fully-equipped self-catering kitchen and its own tennis court.
N.B. Remember this property is quite isolated. While we have vending machines that sell drinks and snacks, if planning on preparing meals yourself it is advisable to bring food with you, rather than having to drive or walk a few miles to buy groceries.
Environmental Policy - Sleepzone Hostels
* Sleepzone Hostels are dedicated to the long-term goal of using sustainable energy forms, and have recently completed the installation of solar panels in Sleepzone Connemara, with plans in place for installation at Sleepzone – The Burren when circumstances permit.
* Electricity for each Sleepzone is wind-generated via Airtricity
* Sleepzone Hostels reduce the amount of energy consumed wherever possible – using low-watt bulbs, insulating our older properties and replacing old and inefficient equipment.
* The hostels source local services whenever possible for service, maintenance and security work.
* The hostels recycle all cardboard, glass, plastic and aluminium
* We encourage our customers to use public transport to access our hostels whenever possible – we have also secured a competitive rate for transport with local tour buses that travel to the rural regions daily.
* We are converting to the use of materials from sustainable sources for our promotional materials (either recycled material, or materials from sustainable forests) and for our energy needs (with the installation of solar panels and conversion to the use of biomass fuels).
* We encourage our guests to abide by the Seven Principles of Leave no Trace in order to conserve biodiversity in the regions where our rural properties are located in particular.
from 9:00 to 24:00
Included Facilities and Services
Important To Know
Wheelchair access: Limited wheelchair access (some common areas and/or some rooms).
Terms and conditions
The property accepts the following credit card brands for balance payments: Visa, Mastercard, Visa Electron, American Express, JCB, Aura, Diners, Debit Cards.
Free cancellation at least 24 hours before arrival date, first night of stay fee for late cancellation or no show